8.24.2008

Pioneer Trek

As I previously mentioned we went on the pioneer trek a few weeks ago as a ma and pa. Here are some pictures from our very fun and very tiring experience:
Here we are at the top of the mountain that we pushed and pulled the handcart up, too bad we still had to go back down

here is our "family" at the top including all ten of our teenage kids, they did such a great job, I hardly even touched the handcart because the kids wanted to do all the work

this is a picture of the entire group that went on the trek

this is our family at the this is the place monument at the end of the trek, we really gained a sincere appreciation for all the people that made the trip across the country with handcarts, we only went 20 miles with a lot less to carry, more people to push and pull, and a hot meal waiting for us when we finished each day. I can't imagine the trials they had to go through.

No comments: