4.05.2010

Currently

Wow so much has happened since my last post. I don't know where to start, but I guess I will begin with what is currently in my head. LDS General Conference was as wonderful as usual. As a nursery leader I rarely feel edified after attending church and conference is a great time to make up for this. My favorite talk was during the Saturday afternoon session (which Jon and I were able to attend this time) It is such an amazing experience to be in the conference center so close to the leaders of our church. Anyway, I have a short attention span and the only speaker that really held my attention for his entire talk was this guy:





His name is Jeffrey R. Holland and he is a member of the twelve apostles. Look for his talk in transcript starting on Thursday or watch the video of it by clicking on the video of the Saturday afternoon session at LDS.org

I can link you to another favorite talk that was given at the Young Women's Broadcast last week. Though I am not part of the Young Women's organization right now my older sister is and she encouraged me to check it out. Now I want to encourage all women to read it. It is a really uplifting talk read it by clicking: Your Happily Ever After

I need to get back to my homework but I would love to share one more thing I am really excited about: We decided on the location on of our trip and the final decision is:
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club in Kauai, Hawaii
We are going soon and we are so excited. Thanks to my mom for letting us come with here to use her timeshare. It is going to be so fun. Has anyone been to this island? Any suggestions on places we should visit?
that's all for now. School will be out soon and I hope I can find the time to share some more fun things that have been happening.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I know just how you feel on the nursery thing. :)
That beach club looks amazing!

Holly said...

Jas and I just took the kids to Kauai over New Years. We jumped off cliffs at Kipu Falls- a must! It's free and only about a 1/2 mile walk off the road. Get a travel book about Kauai, and it will tell you where the falls are. So Fun! We also took a boat tour to the Napali Coast, so beautiful, but make sure the weather is good because it sucks to get sea sick. Also, a great Italian pizza/pasta restaurant is called.... I'll ask the kids. They'll remember. We ate there three times! Yummy and cheap! For sure spend a day and drive around the island. It's beautiful and you'll find fun beaches and little hikes to waterfalls. Eat Shave Ice- delicious. Have Fun!

Holly said...

We stayed at the Outrigger Waipouli Beach Resort, which is North of where you're staying. The restaurant was right next to our resort. It's worth the drive.