1.29.2010

Little Things

So things are not very exciting, I think January is one of the hardest parts of the year. It is way too cold to spend time outside, the air quality here in Utah is terrible, the semester begins way too soon after Christmas, and it feels like forever! I want to share a few little things that brought me joy:

We are trying to save a few dollars at our house. Most of our money goes to food so I decided on a semi-flexible rule: We only go to the store once every two weeks, unless we need milk. Anyway, my office decided on Tuesday that they wanted to have a potluck lunch on Wednesday (crap I can't go to the store till Friday, and we have a basically empty fridge) I searched the food storage and ended up putting together a fruit salad of mostly canned fruit and some grapes but it was really good and I didn't have to break my rule! I was pretty excited
I woke up late today, as usual, and I forgot to grab my lunch. So I stopped at the Subway by my work (free cookie Friday). I discovered something amazing. I am trying to drink more water but so many places water tastes like a swimming pool to me so I really struggle. But they had these awesome little packets of lemon juice, and lemons make water so much more refreshing! and I don't have to think about how many people have stuck their hands all over the fresh lemons. So Good! I took a handful and have been drinking lemon water all day!

I was able to assist in the conversion of my sweet sister to the apple family. She has been talking about getting a new computer for years and it took her ancient computer throwing sparks out of the cord for her to finally get one but she did! I went to the bookstore yesterday and bought her a new macbook pro. This was my first time opening a brand new computer (Jon usually gets this honor). It was really fun formatting it a little bit and adding on office and a few other things to make it easier for her to use. I like figuring things out, even though I had to call Jon at work a few times.
And of course, This Guy! Jon makes everyday better. I love it when he gets home from work, I love it when he answers all my silly questions, and I really just love almost everything about him (come on, nobody's perfect)
There, I feel a lot better about my January.

2 comments:

Kady said...

My first blog comment from my new Mac. Thanks a million Ab! I love it! Oh yeah, I love you too!

Melanie said...

I don't like january either. I love lemon water too. I haven't seen those little juice packets- that's a great idea. :)