
We have had a lot going on that I will try to share later but right now I want to share something that is weighing heavily on my heart and mind. My favorite professor past away yesterday with complications due to bacterial pneumonia and the H1N1 virus. She was in class on Monday and went home feeling ill and passed away early Wednesday morning. The class I currently am taking from her is Geometry for Elementary School Teachers. I have had other classes from her in the past and she was such an amazing teacher. I couldn't bring myself to attend class today but a good friend of mine told me she kept thinking "this is not the way Diane would teach this, I know I would understand this so much better from her." She had a really special skill not only did she have a great understanding of math and not only could she teach math but she was teaching us how to teach math and she was so entertaining while she taught. Tonight as I try to do my homework I keep seeing notes in her handwriting (she hand wrote almost everything and made copies) I am reminded over and over that she is gone, it happened so quickly. On Sunday I was able to attend our stake conference broadcast and President Eyering was the main speaker, his talk centered on put the Kingdom of God before our personal gain. I wish I could find a copy of his talk to share, I cannot find it on lds.org yet but I will keep looking. His talk along with losing Diane has helped me to realize that my priorities are not what they should be. I skipped the adult session on Saturday to work on homework and if I were to go tomorrow would the lord really care if I finished my homework a day early? I really don't think so. How many times I know I have been told this lesson? The picture above is of the priorities jar lesson where if you try to do everything you think you should do first and then try to add it what the Lord asks you to do it doesn't fit but if you do it the other way around it all seems to fit. I know I haven't been doing things the way I should but I know the experiences this week will help me to make better decisions when I decide what to do with my time. I hope everyone that was taught by Diane can carry on her enthusiasm for life and share it with everyone around you. There an article and video about Diane on KSL.com to read more about it click HERE.
10.29.2009
Priorities
Thanks for letting me share my feelings it feels a lot better to let them out instead of bottling them up inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very good post. That's so sad she passed away. I also need to be better about putting the kingdom first. Good reminder.
I loved your thoughts about Diane. She was a very good friend of my family and we are all going to miss her smile and her happy spirit! She is an amazing women who touch the lives of thousands of people (as was evident at the mass numbers at the viewing tonight). I can't imagine the thoughts you are having right now as one of her students. God luck getting through your class without her.
Lori Watkins
This is a great post, thanks for sharing. I tried to email you but it didn't work. I would love pictures if you have time to send them. Thanks for coming to our party.
emozmun@gmail.com
Post a Comment